If you are in the market for toilet, bidet or dishwasher repair, you’re in the right place. Beaver plumbing and heating offers a variety of residential and commercial plumbing services in and around the Montreal and Laval area. Such areas include but are not limited to the West Island, Montreal West, Westmount, NDG, Cote-Saint-Luc, Ville Saint-Laurent, and Downtown Montreal.
Bathroom Toilet Repair
There’s no other household requirement that is more urgent than having a toilet malfunction. A life without a shower or running water can be much easier than when nature calls and you need to escape to a nearby bush or to a neighbor’s house. Furthermore, if we are dealing with a floor or overflowing water, this can cause irreparable damage to your home or office.
The following components risk getting damaged, deteriorating or simply breaking over time:
- Fill Valve (fills tank with water)
- Ballcock (oldest style brass valve)
- Plunger Type Ballcock (old style brass or new plastic type valve)
- Float Cup Type Ballcock (newer plastic)
- Floatless Type Ballcock
- Toilet Fill Valve
- Flush Valve (releases water stored in your tank)
- Tapered Rubber Float Ball
- Flapper Ball (tank)
Bathroom Bidet Repair
A bidet is often considered a luxury; however, for some people such as the elderly, it is often a necessity. A bidet is a plumbing fixture, often in the form of a toilet or type of sink, designed to thoroughly wash and cleanse the genitalia, inner buttocks, and anus, and is often compared to a bathtub. The bidet was invented in France, by furniture makers. The electronic bidet also comes in the form of an attachment, which can be added to most toilets. Having a broken bidet or a malfunctioning one can be quite frustrating so call a local plumber and see if there is a fix. Although the bidet has a strong European presence and origin, this device has spread throughout North-America, including Canada, the USA, and is quite predominant in Montreal seeing as how it is Canada’s most European city. Some of these utilities are so sophisticated they even include a seat warmer, deodorizer, and even night lights. They are also typically available in bathroom facilities such as hospitals.
Kitchen Dishwasher Repair
Many things can go wrong in one’s kitchen. If your plates aren’t coming out as clean as you’d like, you may just have a low quality dishwasher. However, it may just require a tune-up. Find out if your dishwasher can be repaired or if you require a replacement, along with a professional dishwasher installation by a certified, RBQ-licensed or master plumber.
The main parts of a dishwasher that may become problematic are as follows:
- Control Mechanism (inside the door behind control panel – timer determines how long each part of the washing cycle lasts)
- Intake Valve (where water comes from)
- Pump (directs water into the drain hose)
- Reversible Pump (switch between pumping water to the spray arms and pumping water to the drain – reverses the motor)
- Direct-drive Pump (pump goes in one direction only – Solenoid opens and closes the right valves or switches)
There are also portable and permanent dishwashers so make sure you alert your plumber what kind of dishwasher you have, so he can be properly equipped to service the problem when arriving!